Harpenden school’s firework bonanza this Saturday
A HARPENDEN school is hoping its latest fundraising efforts go with a bang this Saturday.
Crabtree Infants’ and Junior Schools will light up the skies on Bonfire night with their own firework display and all proceeds raised from the event will go straight back into the school.
Now in its 36th year, Crabtree is one of the only local schools to host an annual display and it’s thought to be one of the largest non-professional displays in the country.
The money raised will help update the ICT infrastructure in both schools, help improve music provision in the junior school and the new waiting area and group room at the front of the infants’ school.
Refreshments including hot dogs, burgers, homemade soup and toffee apples will be available to buy on the night.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be bought in advance at Cook, News 4 U, Savills, Thorns and Threads in Harpenden, Stage Door in Southdown, and Shop by the Park on Station Road by Batford Springs Park. Advance tickets costs �6 (5 and unders get in free) or �20 for a family ticket (max. 4 people). Tickets on the night will be �7 per person but family tickets are only available in advance.
Gates open at 5.30pm and the display starts at 6.30pm.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 8 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 Campaigners continue fight for 20mph limits on county's roads