Harpenden school’s firework bonanza this Saturday
A HARPENDEN school is hoping its latest fundraising efforts go with a bang this Saturday.
Crabtree Infants’ and Junior Schools will light up the skies on Bonfire night with their own firework display and all proceeds raised from the event will go straight back into the school.
Now in its 36th year, Crabtree is one of the only local schools to host an annual display and it’s thought to be one of the largest non-professional displays in the country.
The money raised will help update the ICT infrastructure in both schools, help improve music provision in the junior school and the new waiting area and group room at the front of the infants’ school.
Refreshments including hot dogs, burgers, homemade soup and toffee apples will be available to buy on the night.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be bought in advance at Cook, News 4 U, Savills, Thorns and Threads in Harpenden, Stage Door in Southdown, and Shop by the Park on Station Road by Batford Springs Park. Advance tickets costs �6 (5 and unders get in free) or �20 for a family ticket (max. 4 people). Tickets on the night will be �7 per person but family tickets are only available in advance.
Gates open at 5.30pm and the display starts at 6.30pm.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area