Harpenden school forced to close
- Credit: Photo supplied
A PRIMARY school in Harpenden is closed to pupils today (Friday) as it has no heating, power or water following problems with an electrical fault.
Fire crews from Wheathampstead, Harpenden and St Albans were called to the Lea Primary School and Nursery, Moorland Road, yesterday at about 11.30am after smoke was seen coming from an electrical cupboard.
Paul Pepperrell, whose son Joshua attends nursery at the school, said parents received a text message at about 1.30pm on Thursday (31) asking them to collect their children.
A further message at 5.10pm advised that the school would remain closed today because of the lack of heating, water and power.
However the Lea Primary School is expected to reopen on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Paul said Joshua was lucky enough to have a couple of photos taken with the friendly fire crews, which he “was very excited” about.
There was no one available at the school to comment further on the incident.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 9 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted