Harpenden school forced to close
- Credit: Photo supplied
A PRIMARY school in Harpenden is closed to pupils today (Friday) as it has no heating, power or water following problems with an electrical fault.
Fire crews from Wheathampstead, Harpenden and St Albans were called to the Lea Primary School and Nursery, Moorland Road, yesterday at about 11.30am after smoke was seen coming from an electrical cupboard.
Paul Pepperrell, whose son Joshua attends nursery at the school, said parents received a text message at about 1.30pm on Thursday (31) asking them to collect their children.
A further message at 5.10pm advised that the school would remain closed today because of the lack of heating, water and power.
However the Lea Primary School is expected to reopen on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Paul said Joshua was lucky enough to have a couple of photos taken with the friendly fire crews, which he “was very excited” about.
There was no one available at the school to comment further on the incident.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions