Harpenden school forced to close
- Credit: Photo supplied
A PRIMARY school in Harpenden is closed to pupils today (Friday) as it has no heating, power or water following problems with an electrical fault.
Fire crews from Wheathampstead, Harpenden and St Albans were called to the Lea Primary School and Nursery, Moorland Road, yesterday at about 11.30am after smoke was seen coming from an electrical cupboard.
Paul Pepperrell, whose son Joshua attends nursery at the school, said parents received a text message at about 1.30pm on Thursday (31) asking them to collect their children.
A further message at 5.10pm advised that the school would remain closed today because of the lack of heating, water and power.
However the Lea Primary School is expected to reopen on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Paul said Joshua was lucky enough to have a couple of photos taken with the friendly fire crews, which he “was very excited” about.
There was no one available at the school to comment further on the incident.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy