Harpenden salon hosts pamper evening in aid of genetic disorder charity
- Credit: Archant
It was all hands to the hairdryers when a salon held a fundraiser for a Harpenden-based charity.
Around 50 local women turned up at Gatsby & Miller in Harpenden to enjoy a pamper evening to raise funds for the Ataxia-Telangiectasia Society (A-T) which works countrywide to support families with children who have a rare degenerative genetic disorder.
The decision to host the event on behalf of the charity came about through a conversation with one of the salon’s clients who works for the charity.
The pamper evening raised more than £800 and William Davis, chief executive of the A-T Society said: “It is absolutely fantastic to get support like this from the community and we are really grateful to Gatsby & Miller and to everyone who supported the evening,”.
He added: “Because the condition is so rare, the people we support are all over the country so it is difficult to get local activities to help us fundraise and that makes events like the pamper evening very welcome. That’s especially true here in Harpenden as this is where the society was founded and where two local children suffered from this dreadful disorder.”
You may also want to watch:
Salon manager Chris Goodman commented. “It was a very good evening – lots of laughs and jokes, a real ladies’ night out. We set up a dry-styling bar and that was enormously popular as everyone wanted to look glamorous. There were raffles with prizes from ourselves and other local businesses and we’d like to thank everyone who supported a great event.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery