Harpenden salon hosts pamper evening in aid of genetic disorder charity
- Credit: Archant
It was all hands to the hairdryers when a salon held a fundraiser for a Harpenden-based charity.
Around 50 local women turned up at Gatsby & Miller in Harpenden to enjoy a pamper evening to raise funds for the Ataxia-Telangiectasia Society (A-T) which works countrywide to support families with children who have a rare degenerative genetic disorder.
The decision to host the event on behalf of the charity came about through a conversation with one of the salon’s clients who works for the charity.
The pamper evening raised more than £800 and William Davis, chief executive of the A-T Society said: “It is absolutely fantastic to get support like this from the community and we are really grateful to Gatsby & Miller and to everyone who supported the evening,”.
He added: “Because the condition is so rare, the people we support are all over the country so it is difficult to get local activities to help us fundraise and that makes events like the pamper evening very welcome. That’s especially true here in Harpenden as this is where the society was founded and where two local children suffered from this dreadful disorder.”
You may also want to watch:
Salon manager Chris Goodman commented. “It was a very good evening – lots of laughs and jokes, a real ladies’ night out. We set up a dry-styling bar and that was enormously popular as everyone wanted to look glamorous. There were raffles with prizes from ourselves and other local businesses and we’d like to thank everyone who supported a great event.”
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 5 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 6 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 7 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 8 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 9 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 10 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools