Harpenden running club’s success at Whipsnade 10K
IT was gold medals galore for a Harpenden running club.
Harpenden ARO Runners, a club based at AROSPORTS in Southdown Road, enjoyed one of their most successful days to date at the Whipsnade 10K run on Sunday, June 6.
The club, which was set up just under three years ago, secured first place for the women’s team, first place for the men’s team, first-placed woman thanks to Hannah Turner and first-placed man with Simon Speirs.
Chairman and AROSPORTS Director Colin Wareham said that he was very pleased with the club’s achievements: “This was an impressive display by any measure, and is something the whole club can be proud about.”
He added: “We now have over 140 members with more and more people turning up each week, and we are securing more and more wins at each event we attend.”
You may also want to watch:
The club is appealing for even more new members, whether they be general fitness runners or serious competitors. To find out more information, visit www.harpendenarorunners.co.uk
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty