Harpenden running club’s success at Whipsnade 10K
IT was gold medals galore for a Harpenden running club.
Harpenden ARO Runners, a club based at AROSPORTS in Southdown Road, enjoyed one of their most successful days to date at the Whipsnade 10K run on Sunday, June 6.
The club, which was set up just under three years ago, secured first place for the women’s team, first place for the men’s team, first-placed woman thanks to Hannah Turner and first-placed man with Simon Speirs.
Chairman and AROSPORTS Director Colin Wareham said that he was very pleased with the club’s achievements: “This was an impressive display by any measure, and is something the whole club can be proud about.”
He added: “We now have over 140 members with more and more people turning up each week, and we are securing more and more wins at each event we attend.”
You may also want to watch:
The club is appealing for even more new members, whether they be general fitness runners or serious competitors. To find out more information, visit www.harpendenarorunners.co.uk
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack