Harpenden running club’s success at Whipsnade 10K
IT was gold medals galore for a Harpenden running club.
Harpenden ARO Runners, a club based at AROSPORTS in Southdown Road, enjoyed one of their most successful days to date at the Whipsnade 10K run on Sunday, June 6.
The club, which was set up just under three years ago, secured first place for the women’s team, first place for the men’s team, first-placed woman thanks to Hannah Turner and first-placed man with Simon Speirs.
Chairman and AROSPORTS Director Colin Wareham said that he was very pleased with the club’s achievements: “This was an impressive display by any measure, and is something the whole club can be proud about.”
He added: “We now have over 140 members with more and more people turning up each week, and we are securing more and more wins at each event we attend.”
You may also want to watch:
The club is appealing for even more new members, whether they be general fitness runners or serious competitors. To find out more information, visit www.harpendenarorunners.co.uk
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 3 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 4 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 5 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 6 May 17th: The Plough at Sleapshyde looks forward to welcoming customers indoors
- 7 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Mental Health Week: enjoy a cuppa with Bob Golding
- 10 How is your charity shop etiquette?