Harpenden roofer tells St Albans driver ‘just know there are nice people out there’ after changing her tyre for her
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden roofer rushed to the aid of a stranded motorist after she punctured her tyre on a pothole.
Alan Ciuffa was leaving a job on House Lane when he saw Josephine Pearcy pull up with a flat tyre.
He rushed over to her, and changed her tyre for her.
Alan said: “I hope that someone would help my wife if she was stuck with a puncture.”
Josephine says she was on her way to her job as a high-level teaching assistant when she hit the pothole.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I heard a crack, but I did not expect the tyre to have burst.
“I pulled over to House Lane and this guy just stopped and said he would do it for me.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers
“He did not ask for anything, but said: ‘Just know there are some nice people around’.”
After the incident, Josephine posted on Facebook to thank her anonymous saviour.
The post, on the St Albans mums group, received over 200 ‘likes’.