Harpenden roofer tells St Albans driver ‘just know there are nice people out there’ after changing her tyre for her
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden roofer rushed to the aid of a stranded motorist after she punctured her tyre on a pothole.
Alan Ciuffa was leaving a job on House Lane when he saw Josephine Pearcy pull up with a flat tyre.
He rushed over to her, and changed her tyre for her.
Alan said: “I hope that someone would help my wife if she was stuck with a puncture.”
Josephine says she was on her way to her job as a high-level teaching assistant when she hit the pothole.
She said: “I heard a crack, but I did not expect the tyre to have burst.
“I pulled over to House Lane and this guy just stopped and said he would do it for me.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
“He did not ask for anything, but said: ‘Just know there are some nice people around’.”
After the incident, Josephine posted on Facebook to thank her anonymous saviour.
The post, on the St Albans mums group, received over 200 ‘likes’.