Harpenden roofer tells St Albans driver ‘just know there are nice people out there’ after changing her tyre for her
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden roofer rushed to the aid of a stranded motorist after she punctured her tyre on a pothole.
Alan Ciuffa was leaving a job on House Lane when he saw Josephine Pearcy pull up with a flat tyre.
He rushed over to her, and changed her tyre for her.
Alan said: “I hope that someone would help my wife if she was stuck with a puncture.”
Josephine says she was on her way to her job as a high-level teaching assistant when she hit the pothole.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I heard a crack, but I did not expect the tyre to have burst.
“I pulled over to House Lane and this guy just stopped and said he would do it for me.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
“He did not ask for anything, but said: ‘Just know there are some nice people around’.”
After the incident, Josephine posted on Facebook to thank her anonymous saviour.
The post, on the St Albans mums group, received over 200 ‘likes’.