Harpenden roofer tells St Albans driver ‘just know there are nice people out there’ after changing her tyre for her
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden roofer rushed to the aid of a stranded motorist after she punctured her tyre on a pothole.
Alan Ciuffa was leaving a job on House Lane when he saw Josephine Pearcy pull up with a flat tyre.
He rushed over to her, and changed her tyre for her.
Alan said: “I hope that someone would help my wife if she was stuck with a puncture.”
Josephine says she was on her way to her job as a high-level teaching assistant when she hit the pothole.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I heard a crack, but I did not expect the tyre to have burst.
“I pulled over to House Lane and this guy just stopped and said he would do it for me.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
“He did not ask for anything, but said: ‘Just know there are some nice people around’.”
After the incident, Josephine posted on Facebook to thank her anonymous saviour.
The post, on the St Albans mums group, received over 200 ‘likes’.