Harpenden roadworks scheme delayed by weather
ROAD resurfacing works, which were due to begin in Harpenden tonight (Monday), have been postponed due to the adverse weather conditions.
The �130,000 maintenance scheme on the A1081 St Albans Road and Leyton Road involves patching and resurfacing works, as well as replacing worn ironworks, cleaning the existing drainage system and renewing the road markings.
A new start date will be given in due course.
Once under way, the work will last for approximately six nights and will be carried out in three stages during overnight road closures (7pm-6am).
Signed alternative routes will be in place for each phase and residents and businesses in the area are being written to with full details.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Pile, Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport at Herts County Council, said: “Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected as a result of these essential maintenance works.
“The work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users, so please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while work is in progress.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
Bus service routes will also be affected by these works and full details of changes can be found at www.intalink.org.uk in the ‘severe disruptions’ section.
Further details about the works, including road closure and diversion information, will be available at www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks