Harpenden roadworks scheme delayed by weather
ROAD resurfacing works, which were due to begin in Harpenden tonight (Monday), have been postponed due to the adverse weather conditions.
The �130,000 maintenance scheme on the A1081 St Albans Road and Leyton Road involves patching and resurfacing works, as well as replacing worn ironworks, cleaning the existing drainage system and renewing the road markings.
A new start date will be given in due course.
Once under way, the work will last for approximately six nights and will be carried out in three stages during overnight road closures (7pm-6am).
Signed alternative routes will be in place for each phase and residents and businesses in the area are being written to with full details.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Pile, Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport at Herts County Council, said: “Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected as a result of these essential maintenance works.
“The work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users, so please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while work is in progress.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
Bus service routes will also be affected by these works and full details of changes can be found at www.intalink.org.uk in the ‘severe disruptions’ section.
Further details about the works, including road closure and diversion information, will be available at www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks