Harpenden roadworks scheme delayed by weather
ROAD resurfacing works, which were due to begin in Harpenden tonight (Monday), have been postponed due to the adverse weather conditions.
The �130,000 maintenance scheme on the A1081 St Albans Road and Leyton Road involves patching and resurfacing works, as well as replacing worn ironworks, cleaning the existing drainage system and renewing the road markings.
A new start date will be given in due course.
Once under way, the work will last for approximately six nights and will be carried out in three stages during overnight road closures (7pm-6am).
Signed alternative routes will be in place for each phase and residents and businesses in the area are being written to with full details.
Stuart Pile, Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport at Herts County Council, said: “Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected as a result of these essential maintenance works.
“The work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users, so please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while work is in progress.”
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 5 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
Bus service routes will also be affected by these works and full details of changes can be found at www.intalink.org.uk in the ‘severe disruptions’ section.
Further details about the works, including road closure and diversion information, will be available at www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks