Harpenden roads set for improvement works
WORK to improve roads in four areas of Harpenden is to get under way on Monday (January 30).
The �220,000 improvement scheme by Hertfordshire County Council will include road resurfacing and drainage improvements.
The work will start on Monday with drainage works at Southdown Road (between Bull Road and Harpenden Hall) and Arden Grove and is expected to last for two weeks.
Drainage improvements will also take place at Sun Lane (between Carlton Road and Tennyson Road) from February 13, for one week and Southdown Road (between the junctions with Walkers Road and Piggottshill Lane) from February 20, for two weeks.
Road resurfacing works will take place on the A1081 St Albans Road/High Street, from February 3, for one week.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of the works, including road closures and diversions, are available at www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks
Stuart Pile, Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport, said: “Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected as a result of these essential works to improve access and drainage in the town. While we do not anticipate any significant impact on local roads, we would like to thank residents and road users for their patience and understanding.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
The planned works are dependent on the weather. Any changes to start dates, duration or working hours will be announced on the information boards on site and online.