Harpenden roads set for improvement works
WORK to improve roads in four areas of Harpenden is to get under way on Monday (January 30).
The �220,000 improvement scheme by Hertfordshire County Council will include road resurfacing and drainage improvements.
The work will start on Monday with drainage works at Southdown Road (between Bull Road and Harpenden Hall) and Arden Grove and is expected to last for two weeks.
Drainage improvements will also take place at Sun Lane (between Carlton Road and Tennyson Road) from February 13, for one week and Southdown Road (between the junctions with Walkers Road and Piggottshill Lane) from February 20, for two weeks.
Road resurfacing works will take place on the A1081 St Albans Road/High Street, from February 3, for one week.
Full details of the works, including road closures and diversions, are available at www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks
Stuart Pile, Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport, said: “Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected as a result of these essential works to improve access and drainage in the town. While we do not anticipate any significant impact on local roads, we would like to thank residents and road users for their patience and understanding.”
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 7 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
The planned works are dependent on the weather. Any changes to start dates, duration or working hours will be announced on the information boards on site and online.