Harpenden restaurant scoops TripAdvisor accolade
- Credit: Archant
A THAI restaurant in Harpenden has received an impressive accolade from the world’s largest travel website for being in the top 10 per cent of hospitality businesses across the globe.
Bangkok Lounge in the High Street recently received a 2013 certificate of excellence, an award given only to establishments consistently receiving outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor.
Winners are located all over the world and represent the upper echelon of businesses listed on the website, with only the top 10 per cent receiving the accolade.
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site. It gives advice from travellers, courtesy of over 100 million reviews and opinions offered on more than 2.5 million restaurants, attractions and places offering accommodation.
The site attracts more than 200 million visitors a month.
You may also want to watch:
General manager of Bangkok Lounge, Motin Miah, said one of the keys to the restaurant’s success was using authentic Thai herbs such as lemon grass.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 7 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers