Harpenden woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden resident has celebrated her 100th birthday this week.
Former piano player, Beryl Leake, celebrated reaching a century this week at her home in Field House in Harpenden.
She moved to Field House along with her husband of 65 years, Donald, in 2016.
Beryl spent years developing a love for music as a piano teacher and has enjoyed playing music throughout her life. She celebrated her birthday in style with a tea party and live piano performance from her friend and musician, Kuniyo Hall.
Beryl enjoys socialising with her family, and has two children, along with five grandchildren and one great grandchild.
Beryl's daughter, Liz Scott, said:
"It was great to share the day with mum and see her having such a lovely time. She has always had a passion for music and used to love playing to us on the piano when we were younger. Having someone play her favourites especially for her made the occasion extra special!"
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
Home manager April Parrott-Carter said: "It's always great fun celebrating residents' birthdays, and Beryl's celebration was particularly special as it's such a big milestone."
Field House Bupa Care Home is purpose-built and welcomes anyone in need of nursing or residential care. Residents are offered a full programme of regular and seasonal activities, as well as 24-hour access to highly trained medical and care staff.