Harpenden woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden resident has celebrated her 100th birthday this week.
Former piano player, Beryl Leake, celebrated reaching a century this week at her home in Field House in Harpenden.
She moved to Field House along with her husband of 65 years, Donald, in 2016.
Beryl spent years developing a love for music as a piano teacher and has enjoyed playing music throughout her life. She celebrated her birthday in style with a tea party and live piano performance from her friend and musician, Kuniyo Hall.
Beryl enjoys socialising with her family, and has two children, along with five grandchildren and one great grandchild.
You may also want to watch:
Beryl's daughter, Liz Scott, said:
"It was great to share the day with mum and see her having such a lovely time. She has always had a passion for music and used to love playing to us on the piano when we were younger. Having someone play her favourites especially for her made the occasion extra special!"
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Home manager April Parrott-Carter said: "It's always great fun celebrating residents' birthdays, and Beryl's celebration was particularly special as it's such a big milestone."
Field House Bupa Care Home is purpose-built and welcomes anyone in need of nursing or residential care. Residents are offered a full programme of regular and seasonal activities, as well as 24-hour access to highly trained medical and care staff.