St Albans activist appears on Channel 4 mini-documentary about Brexit
- Credit: Archant
A Pro-EU advocate from Harpenden has appeared on a Channel 4 News documentary to talk about Brexit.
Filmmaker Grace Harper spoke to Carol Hedges about her role campaigning to Remain in the European Union.
On the six-minute episode, entitled Meet the Pro and Anti-Brexit Social Media Warriors, Carol revealed that she has Tweeted 316,000 times.
The author described Brexit as "very consuming": "I will be able to hold my head up and say, I fought it.
"I didn't stand back while the cattle trucks rolled through my town."
You may also want to watch:
Carol has nearly 18,000 followers on Twitter, and in the 24 hours before the show was filmed, her Tweets earned 129,959 impressions.
She said: "Hopefully I will look back and think, 'I contributed to one of the biggest historical events that this country has had for hundreds of years.'"
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers
The show also featured two Brexiteers and one other Remain campaigner.
View the episode at www.channel4.com/news/meet-the-pro-and-anti-brexit-social-media-warriors