St Albans activist appears on Channel 4 mini-documentary about Brexit
- Credit: Archant
A Pro-EU advocate from Harpenden has appeared on a Channel 4 News documentary to talk about Brexit.
Filmmaker Grace Harper spoke to Carol Hedges about her role campaigning to Remain in the European Union.
On the six-minute episode, entitled Meet the Pro and Anti-Brexit Social Media Warriors, Carol revealed that she has Tweeted 316,000 times.
The author described Brexit as "very consuming": "I will be able to hold my head up and say, I fought it.
"I didn't stand back while the cattle trucks rolled through my town."
You may also want to watch:
Carol has nearly 18,000 followers on Twitter, and in the 24 hours before the show was filmed, her Tweets earned 129,959 impressions.
She said: "Hopefully I will look back and think, 'I contributed to one of the biggest historical events that this country has had for hundreds of years.'"
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
The show also featured two Brexiteers and one other Remain campaigner.
View the episode at www.channel4.com/news/meet-the-pro-and-anti-brexit-social-media-warriors