St Albans activist appears on Channel 4 mini-documentary about Brexit
- Credit: Archant
A Pro-EU advocate from Harpenden has appeared on a Channel 4 News documentary to talk about Brexit.
Filmmaker Grace Harper spoke to Carol Hedges about her role campaigning to Remain in the European Union.
On the six-minute episode, entitled Meet the Pro and Anti-Brexit Social Media Warriors, Carol revealed that she has Tweeted 316,000 times.
The author described Brexit as "very consuming": "I will be able to hold my head up and say, I fought it.
"I didn't stand back while the cattle trucks rolled through my town."
You may also want to watch:
Carol has nearly 18,000 followers on Twitter, and in the 24 hours before the show was filmed, her Tweets earned 129,959 impressions.
She said: "Hopefully I will look back and think, 'I contributed to one of the biggest historical events that this country has had for hundreds of years.'"
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
The show also featured two Brexiteers and one other Remain campaigner.
View the episode at www.channel4.com/news/meet-the-pro-and-anti-brexit-social-media-warriors