St Albans activist appears on Channel 4 mini-documentary about Brexit
- Credit: Archant
A Pro-EU advocate from Harpenden has appeared on a Channel 4 News documentary to talk about Brexit.
Filmmaker Grace Harper spoke to Carol Hedges about her role campaigning to Remain in the European Union.
On the six-minute episode, entitled Meet the Pro and Anti-Brexit Social Media Warriors, Carol revealed that she has Tweeted 316,000 times.
The author described Brexit as "very consuming": "I will be able to hold my head up and say, I fought it.
"I didn't stand back while the cattle trucks rolled through my town."
Carol has nearly 18,000 followers on Twitter, and in the 24 hours before the show was filmed, her Tweets earned 129,959 impressions.
She said: "Hopefully I will look back and think, 'I contributed to one of the biggest historical events that this country has had for hundreds of years.'"
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 5 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
- 6 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 7 Cash stolen from parked car on Harpenden Road in St Albans
- 8 Animal antics during a night's adventure at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 10 David Carrick appears at Westminster Magistrates' charged with three rapes
The show also featured two Brexiteers and one other Remain campaigner.
View the episode at www.channel4.com/news/meet-the-pro-and-anti-brexit-social-media-warriors