Harpenden pub's raffle just the ticket for Grove House
AN annual charity raffle at a Harpenden pub has helped swell funds at Grove House. The day hospice was chosen to receive almost �800 raised from the raffle at the Harpenden Arms pub in Station Road. Pub regular Alan Morton, known to his friends as Molly,
AN annual charity raffle at a Harpenden pub has helped swell funds at Grove House.
The day hospice was chosen to receive almost �800 raised from the raffle at the Harpenden Arms pub in Station Road.
Pub regular Alan Morton, known to his friends as Molly, was so impressed with the help he has received from Grove House that he wanted to do something to help and so suggested the raffle.
Alan commented: "I have been coming to the hospice every Friday for the past few months. Grove House has given me such tremendous support, nothing is too much trouble. I enjoy my day there - they even provide a driver to come to Harpenden to collect me and bring me home which is a real bonus."
You may also want to watch:
Deputy pub manager Lucy Bowerman added: "We are delighted to be able to support Grove House in this way. Thanks to the generosity of so many regular customers we have managed to raise �791.75 which is a great result. I would like to thank all the local companies who generously donated the raffle prizes."
If you would like to help support Grove House continue its vital work helping local people and their families cope with cancer and life-threatening illness, phone 01727 731000 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire