Harpenden pub evacuated after kitchen fire

REVELLERS drinking at a Harpenden pub last night (Thursday) were forced to be evacuated following a kitchen fire. A faulty oven in the kitchen of the Three Horseshoes pub on East Common is believed to have sparked the blaze at about 9pm. A crew of St Alba

REVELLERS drinking at a Harpenden pub last night (Thursday) were forced to be evacuated following a kitchen fire.

A faulty oven in the kitchen of the Three Horseshoes pub on East Common is believed to have sparked the blaze at about 9pm.

A crew of St Albans firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus evacuated everyone from the pub before tackling the burning kitchen.

The owner praised the swift response of the fire service and the pub was fully reopened by this morning.

Nobody was hurt during the incident.