Harpenden pub evacuated after kitchen fire

REVELLERS drinking at a Harpenden pub last night (Thursday) were forced to be evacuated following a kitchen fire. A faulty oven in the kitchen of the Three Horseshoes pub on East Common is believed to have sparked the blaze at about 9pm. A crew of St Alba

REVELLERS drinking at a Harpenden pub last night (Thursday) were forced to be evacuated following a kitchen fire.

A faulty oven in the kitchen of the Three Horseshoes pub on East Common is believed to have sparked the blaze at about 9pm.

A crew of St Albans firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus evacuated everyone from the pub before tackling the burning kitchen.

The owner praised the swift response of the fire service and the pub was fully reopened by this morning.


You may also want to watch:


Nobody was hurt during the incident.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter