Harpenden properties to be scrutinised by council
- Credit: Archant
A portfolio of commercial and residential properties in Harpenden is to be scrutinised by St Albans district council.
The council's planning, housing, resources and commercial scrutiny committee will meet on Monday, October 28, to decide whether to purchase the properties, which consist of 30 commercial units and 18 residential units.
The committee chair, Cllr Theresa Heritage, said: "There is concern that spending millions of pounds at what looks to be the top of the market prices is highly risky.
"High streets are struggling, house prices are falling and there are about to be thousands of new homes built locally.
"There was also no consultation with any Harpenden councillors, nor with Harpenden Town Council, to gain local knowledge."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting can contact email@example.com.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans