Harpenden properties to be scrutinised by council
- Credit: Archant
A portfolio of commercial and residential properties in Harpenden is to be scrutinised by St Albans district council.
The council's planning, housing, resources and commercial scrutiny committee will meet on Monday, October 28, to decide whether to purchase the properties, which consist of 30 commercial units and 18 residential units.
The committee chair, Cllr Theresa Heritage, said: "There is concern that spending millions of pounds at what looks to be the top of the market prices is highly risky.
"High streets are struggling, house prices are falling and there are about to be thousands of new homes built locally.
"There was also no consultation with any Harpenden councillors, nor with Harpenden Town Council, to gain local knowledge."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead