Harpenden Post Office to be relocated into WHSmith
- Credit: Archant
A positive response from consultation means that the Post Office will be moving its Harpenden branch into a nearby WHSmith store.
The relocation will see the post office, which is currently based in Station Road, franchise with WHSmith in the High Street, providing an extra nine and a half hours of service a week.
During a six-week public consultation, 113 customers commented positively about the location being more central, nearer to other shops and easier for parking.
The new branch will have five counters, two self-service kiosks and automatic doors will be installed at the entrance.
Roger Gale, general manager for the Post Office’s Crown branch network, said that the change was part of their commitment to remain on high streets and “at the heart of communities”.
You may also want to watch:
Existing branch staff will be able to transfer their employment to WHSmith and their options are being discussed with them individually.
Posters will go up to let customers know when the relocation will take place.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 5 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common