Harpenden Post Office to be relocated into WHSmith
- Credit: Archant
A positive response from consultation means that the Post Office will be moving its Harpenden branch into a nearby WHSmith store.
The relocation will see the post office, which is currently based in Station Road, franchise with WHSmith in the High Street, providing an extra nine and a half hours of service a week.
During a six-week public consultation, 113 customers commented positively about the location being more central, nearer to other shops and easier for parking.
The new branch will have five counters, two self-service kiosks and automatic doors will be installed at the entrance.
Roger Gale, general manager for the Post Office’s Crown branch network, said that the change was part of their commitment to remain on high streets and “at the heart of communities”.
You may also want to watch:
Existing branch staff will be able to transfer their employment to WHSmith and their options are being discussed with them individually.
Posters will go up to let customers know when the relocation will take place.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery