Harpenden Post Office could relocate into town’s WHSmith store
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office is proposing to move its Harpenden branch into a nearby WHSmith store, extending its opening hours to seven days a week.
The relocation would see the post office, which is currently based in Station Road, franchise with WHSmith in the High Street, providing an extra nine and a half hours of service a week.
A six-week public consultation about the proposed move started yesterday. (11)
Roger Gale, general manager of the Post Office Crown Network, stressed its commitment to keeping services on the high street.
He said: “Our customers will be offered the same range of services, with more convenient and longer opening hours, including Sundays. “WHSmith already operates around 100 Post Office branches from their stores in the UK and we’ve been successfully working with them for nearly 10 years.”
You may also want to watch:
Consultation will end on June 22 and the branch is expected to move to its new location in October.
To comment on the proposals, go to the website, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 03457 22 33 44 or write in using FREEPOST.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping