Harpenden Post Office could relocate into town’s WHSmith store
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office is proposing to move its Harpenden branch into a nearby WHSmith store, extending its opening hours to seven days a week.
The relocation would see the post office, which is currently based in Station Road, franchise with WHSmith in the High Street, providing an extra nine and a half hours of service a week.
A six-week public consultation about the proposed move started yesterday. (11)
Roger Gale, general manager of the Post Office Crown Network, stressed its commitment to keeping services on the high street.
He said: “Our customers will be offered the same range of services, with more convenient and longer opening hours, including Sundays. “WHSmith already operates around 100 Post Office branches from their stores in the UK and we’ve been successfully working with them for nearly 10 years.”
You may also want to watch:
Consultation will end on June 22 and the branch is expected to move to its new location in October.
To comment on the proposals, go to the website, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 03457 22 33 44 or write in using FREEPOST.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'