Harpenden pool closed by boiler failure
HARPENDEN swimming pool could be closed for at least a week, following a boiler breakdown.
The learner pool and spa at the Rothamsted Park site had to be closed on Friday afternoon and the whole building was subsequently closed over the weekend, as there is no hot water for the pool or showers.
It is hoped the building will reopen on Thursday, but it could remain closed until in to next week.
Reception staff are available at Harpenden pool to answer any questions and people have been advised to visit Westminster Lodge for alternative swimming arrangements.
Alex Cunningham, lifeguard at the Harpenden facility, said: “It’s the worst time for us, what with it being half term.”
You may also want to watch:
Have you been affected by the pool closure? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust