Harpenden pool closed by boiler failure
HARPENDEN swimming pool could be closed for at least a week, following a boiler breakdown.
The learner pool and spa at the Rothamsted Park site had to be closed on Friday afternoon and the whole building was subsequently closed over the weekend, as there is no hot water for the pool or showers.
It is hoped the building will reopen on Thursday, but it could remain closed until in to next week.
Reception staff are available at Harpenden pool to answer any questions and people have been advised to visit Westminster Lodge for alternative swimming arrangements.
Alex Cunningham, lifeguard at the Harpenden facility, said: “It’s the worst time for us, what with it being half term.”
You may also want to watch:
Have you been affected by the pool closure? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre