Harpenden orthodontics undergoes refurb
AN ORTHODONTICS surgery has undergone a major state-of-the-art refurbishment.
Harpenden Orthodontics, which improves the smiles of both NHS and private patients, has a new central sterilisation room to comply with the latest health guidelines and the refurbished surgeries can now facilitate orthodontic therapists.
As well as assisting the orthodontists in their work, the orthodontic therapists can provide some aspects of treatment independently and treat patients in emergencies by relieving pain and making appliances safe.
Claire Moore won one of just 16 places at Preston University to study for her diploma in Orthodontic Therapy and will be starting at the practice in Harpenden High Street soon.
Senior partner of Harpenden Orthodontics, Pieter van Heerden, said: “We would like to think of the substantial investment of around �150,000 as a way of showing our commitment to the community. We care about our patients and want to continue to improve our services; this reinvestment is for their benefit.”
The refurbishment of the sister practice, St Albans Orthodontics, will be completed by the end of this month and will allow seven orthodontists to work in a high-tech, modern environment.
To celebrate the refurbishments and National Orthodontics Week, which is taking place now, the practice has launched a competition with a prize of a free course of Damon orthodontic treatment with Mr van Heerden.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
The runners-up prize will be a gift voucher for a facial, cut and blow dry and �50 towards a treatment with a cosmetic nurse specialist at beauticians Pure Vida.
Entrants will need to finish the following sentence in 150 words or less: ‘I would like a beautiful smile because...”
Send entries to Harpenden Orthodontics, 60-62 High Street, Harpenden, AL5 2SP or email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11.