Harpenden opticians celebrate reopening of practice after transformation
- Credit: Archant
An independent opticians in Harpenden has celebrated the reopening of their practice by raising £600 for a local charity.
Skye Optometrists in Bowers Parade has been a feature of the Harpenden High Street for over 30 years, and has now doubled in size following a recent refurbishment.
Skye raised funds for Herts Vision Loss through a week-long raffle to mark the occasion.
Optometrist Gavin Rebello said: "The investment is something that needed to be done and shows we're here for the long haul; we're really pleased that this business, that has been fiercely independent for decades, will remain in independent hands.
"We'd like to thank our team and patients alike who have dug deep and supported us through the building work phase."
You may also want to watch:
The premises were closed for 12 weeks during renovations but the practice continued to serve customers in an adjacent annex.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works