Harpenden opticians celebrate reopening of practice after transformation
- Credit: Archant
An independent opticians in Harpenden has celebrated the reopening of their practice by raising £600 for a local charity.
Skye Optometrists in Bowers Parade has been a feature of the Harpenden High Street for over 30 years, and has now doubled in size following a recent refurbishment.
Skye raised funds for Herts Vision Loss through a week-long raffle to mark the occasion.
Optometrist Gavin Rebello said: "The investment is something that needed to be done and shows we're here for the long haul; we're really pleased that this business, that has been fiercely independent for decades, will remain in independent hands.
"We'd like to thank our team and patients alike who have dug deep and supported us through the building work phase."
You may also want to watch:
The premises were closed for 12 weeks during renovations but the practice continued to serve customers in an adjacent annex.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season