Harpenden nutritionist launches own range of breakfast cereals
- Credit: Archant
A young Harpenden entrepreneur, fed up with the lack of healthy cereal options on the market, has launched her own superfood alternative.
Louise Lee, 22, an ex-St George’s School pupil, graduated from her Nutritional Therapy degree in 2014.
She started her company, Louola’s, after spotting a gap in the market for truly nutritional breakfast cereals.
Louise explained: “I have always loved cereals but as my knowledge of nutrition grew, I became frustrated with the lack of healthy options on the market. The real ‘hidden sugars’ in your typical breakfast cereal are shocking, but I was even more concerned to find out how high in sugar the so-called ‘healthy’ choices are.”
With this is mind, she developed her product, ‘Superfood Quinola’, which is a healthy cereal free from grains, wheat, dairy and unrefined sugars, and is currently available in three different flavours: Beetroot, Cashew & Coconut, Banana, Cacao & Goji Berries and Mixed Nuts, Cranberry & Cinnamon.
You may also want to watch:
Having started out baking at home and selling to her friends, the cereal is now stocked at Harpenden delicatessen the Silver Palate as part of their popular breakfast menu, and Louise has high hopes for the brand’s expansion beyond the town.
She has built up a strong following for her brand on social media, with over 200 followers on Instagram, and has also received public testimonials from happy customers, including The London Fitness Guide, an account with a follower count approaching 13,000.
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 3 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
- 6 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Labour candidates?
Louise added: “Over the past year I have worked relentlessly to bring Louola’s to life, I am thrilled that the product is finally available via the online store and is also being stocked in the Silver Palate.”
For more information visit the brand’s website at www.louolas.co.uk or see @louolas on Instagram.