Harpenden nutritionist launches own range of breakfast cereals
- Credit: Archant
A young Harpenden entrepreneur, fed up with the lack of healthy cereal options on the market, has launched her own superfood alternative.
Louise Lee, 22, an ex-St George’s School pupil, graduated from her Nutritional Therapy degree in 2014.
She started her company, Louola’s, after spotting a gap in the market for truly nutritional breakfast cereals.
Louise explained: “I have always loved cereals but as my knowledge of nutrition grew, I became frustrated with the lack of healthy options on the market. The real ‘hidden sugars’ in your typical breakfast cereal are shocking, but I was even more concerned to find out how high in sugar the so-called ‘healthy’ choices are.”
With this is mind, she developed her product, ‘Superfood Quinola’, which is a healthy cereal free from grains, wheat, dairy and unrefined sugars, and is currently available in three different flavours: Beetroot, Cashew & Coconut, Banana, Cacao & Goji Berries and Mixed Nuts, Cranberry & Cinnamon.
Having started out baking at home and selling to her friends, the cereal is now stocked at Harpenden delicatessen the Silver Palate as part of their popular breakfast menu, and Louise has high hopes for the brand’s expansion beyond the town.
She has built up a strong following for her brand on social media, with over 200 followers on Instagram, and has also received public testimonials from happy customers, including The London Fitness Guide, an account with a follower count approaching 13,000.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 8 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
Louise added: “Over the past year I have worked relentlessly to bring Louola’s to life, I am thrilled that the product is finally available via the online store and is also being stocked in the Silver Palate.”
For more information visit the brand’s website at www.louolas.co.uk or see @louolas on Instagram.