Harpenden nutritionist launches own range of breakfast cereals
- Credit: Archant
A young Harpenden entrepreneur, fed up with the lack of healthy cereal options on the market, has launched her own superfood alternative.
Louise Lee, 22, an ex-St George’s School pupil, graduated from her Nutritional Therapy degree in 2014.
She started her company, Louola’s, after spotting a gap in the market for truly nutritional breakfast cereals.
Louise explained: “I have always loved cereals but as my knowledge of nutrition grew, I became frustrated with the lack of healthy options on the market. The real ‘hidden sugars’ in your typical breakfast cereal are shocking, but I was even more concerned to find out how high in sugar the so-called ‘healthy’ choices are.”
With this is mind, she developed her product, ‘Superfood Quinola’, which is a healthy cereal free from grains, wheat, dairy and unrefined sugars, and is currently available in three different flavours: Beetroot, Cashew & Coconut, Banana, Cacao & Goji Berries and Mixed Nuts, Cranberry & Cinnamon.
You may also want to watch:
Having started out baking at home and selling to her friends, the cereal is now stocked at Harpenden delicatessen the Silver Palate as part of their popular breakfast menu, and Louise has high hopes for the brand’s expansion beyond the town.
She has built up a strong following for her brand on social media, with over 200 followers on Instagram, and has also received public testimonials from happy customers, including The London Fitness Guide, an account with a follower count approaching 13,000.
- 1 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 2 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 3 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 4 Bid on London Underground poster of French Row in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 Diwali art collaboration at St Albans museum
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans pupils plant pear tree marking royal legacy
- 9 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
- 10 St Albans estate agents complete Snowdon charity climb
Louise added: “Over the past year I have worked relentlessly to bring Louola’s to life, I am thrilled that the product is finally available via the online store and is also being stocked in the Silver Palate.”
For more information visit the brand’s website at www.louolas.co.uk or see @louolas on Instagram.