Harpenden musician's song for Haiti
A MUSICIAN from Harpenden has used the power of the internet to produce a charity single for Haiti. Andy Penketh, aged 43, of Chesterton Avenue in Harpenden produced the single, Love Will Find A Way, from the comfort of his bedroom by collaborating with a
A MUSICIAN from Harpenden has used the power of the internet to produce a charity single for Haiti.
Andy Penketh, aged 43, of Chesterton Avenue in Harpenden produced the single, Love Will Find A Way, from the comfort of his bedroom by collaborating with a lyricist from Ireland and a singer from California over the internet.
Andy, a chartered accountant who has lived in Harpenden for 12 years, was inspired to write a piece of music after reading a newspaper article on Haiti during a trip home on the train one evening. He composed a piece on his Yamaha Clavinova piano and emailed it to Siobhan Kelly in Ireland who set about writing the lyrics.
Within a week Andy had the lyrics to the song, which was then emailed to Diane de Mesa in San Jose, California, who recorded the vocals. Andy then did the final mix and mastered the record ready for release to the world.
You may also want to watch:
Andy, who created his own music channel on YouTube last year, said that he wanted to do his bit for Haiti: "Like so many others I was devastated when I saw the images of the suffering in Haiti following the recent earthquakes. As well as making a donation I wanted to send my love and the best way I know how is by writing and sharing a song."
He added: "The amazing thing is that Siobhan, Diane and I have never met. We have never even spoken to each other - it was all done by email yet we have created something quite beautiful which we are all proud of."
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
Proceeds made from the single - which can be viewed online at www.youtube.com/andysoriginalsongs - will go towards Save The Children and to download the mp3 version of the song and make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/AndysOriginalSongs