Harpenden mum's first class success
A FIRST class mother from Harpenden has graduated with a literature prize from the University of Hertfordshire. Sue Crook, aged 33, of Hollybush Lane graduated with a first class BA honours degree in English Literature and was also awarded the Humanities
A FIRST class mother from Harpenden has graduated with a literature prize from the University of Hertfordshire.
Sue Crook, aged 33, of Hollybush Lane graduated with a first class BA honours degree in English Literature and was also awarded the Humanities Literature Prize at a St Albans Abbey ceremony last week.
Sue, who gave birth to her third child during her final year, had difficulties finding time for her studies and said that she often had to complete her work whilst her children were asleep, usually into the early hours of the morning.
She added: "My lecturer would often visit me at home to help with my studies and monitor my progress. The university's facilities also enabled me to access all the resources I needed and I could even take my children with me."
You may also want to watch:
Sue, who made great use of the university's 24 hour learning resource centre, hopes to return to the university and complete her Masters in Literature before pursuing a career in teaching.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden