Harpenden man arrested and high-end cars seized in major fraud investigation
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden property was raided on Tuesday morning in a major multi-million pound fraud investigation.
Five cars - a Rolls Royce, a Range Rover, a Porsche, a McLaren and a BMW I8 - were seized and three men were arrested during the operation, including one man in his 30s from Harpenden.
Along with the cars, officers also seized a significant amount of designer clothing and watches, as well as sports memorabilia.
Two men in their 30s and another man in his 20s were all arrested on suspicion of fraud and money laundering.
The operation, which also included two raids in the Southwark area of London, was carried out by the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit (ERSOU) and supported by Hertfordshire police and the National Crime Agency. ERSOU is a dedicated team which deals with serious organised crime and terrorism threats across the eastern region.
You may also want to watch:
All three have been released under investigation.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared