Power cut affects homes in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Some homes in Harpenden have lost power due to a faulty underground cable.
According to UK Power Networks, the power cut is affecting 24 customers between Harpenden Station and Plummers Lane, covering Mackereye End and Sauncey Wood Lane.
A fault occurred on an underground electricity cable affecting the area, causing the power to go out.
The power is estimated to come back on between 11.30am and 12.30am today (Saturday, April 7).
UK Power Networks is advising customers that food in the fridge will keep cold for about four hours if the door is kept shut, and a full freezer will hold its temperature for about 48 hours.
You may also want to watch:
Sometimes next door neighbours can have their power supplied by different electricity companies, so it is possible for one person to not have power even if their neighbour does.
If you know someone vulnerable who needs extra support during the power cut you can call UK Power Networks on 0800 31 63 105.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans