Harpenden Highland Gathering will be riding high with horse act
- Credit: Archant
A new act combining precise equestrian performance and exciting horsemanship is galloping into town for this year’s Harpenden Lions Highland Gathering.
Mane Attraction features an imaginative variety of demonstrations highlighting the relationship that can be achieved between man and horse, including displays of ancient equestrian skills.
The Highland Gathering takes place in Rothamsted Park from 10am-5pm on July 12, and also features demonstrations by pipe and drum bands, highland dancing competitions and traditional Highland Games heavy events like tossing the caber and putting the stone.
Other arena events include the popular Dog and Duck display and Hawksdrift Falconry, and there will be plenty of other attractions ranging from a funfair and climbing wall to rugby and gold challenges, plus copious food and drink stalls.
Major charities that will benefit from the event include The Bone Cancer Research Trust and Luton & Dunstable Hospital Dementia Care Project plus many local charities supported by the Lions. Recent Gatherings have raised over £18,000 each year for good causes.
You may also want to watch:
More information, including videos of previous Gatherings, can be found at www.harplions.com where you can also purchase entry programmes in advance at a reduced price at £4. Programmes will also be on sale from many local outlets including Harpenden Town Council in Leyton Road and WHSmith in Harpenden High Street from June 20. Children under 16 are free when accompanied by an adult.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 3 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans