Harpenden head teacher moving on
HEADTEACHER Nick Daymond is leaving the top job at a Harpenden secondary school to take up another headship in September. Mr Daymond, head of Roundwood Park, is replacing Brian Coulshed as headteacher of Parmiter s School in Garston. A Cambridge graduate,
HEADTEACHER Nick Daymond is leaving the top job at a Harpenden secondary school to take up another headship in September.
Mr Daymond, head of Roundwood Park, is replacing Brian Coulshed as headteacher of Parmiter's School in Garston.
A Cambridge graduate, who specialised in modern foreign languages and theology, he was deputy head at Beaumont School in St Albans in 1999 and he has been head teacher at Roundwood Park in Harpenden since 2004.
Since then he has overseen a school which is over-subscribed every year and is consistently high in the examination league tables.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Daymond, who was born and brought up in West London and educated at St Paul's School, Barnes, and Queen's College, Cambridge, said he was honoured to have been chosen to head up Parmiter's from where Mr Coulshed is retiring after 18 years.
He added: "My family and I live in St Albans where my wife works for the Primary Care Trust and both my children are at school. We all enjoy travel, theatre and cinema, and my son and I are Liverpool supporters, which has severely tested our loyalty this season!
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash