Harpenden group raising money for selfless stonemason
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden Facebook group has so far raised £400 for a stonemason who repaired a number of damaged graves for free.
Old Harpenden, Years Gone By wanted to thank Memorial Makeovers’ Anthony Knox after he fixed 10 vandalised memorials at Westfield Road cemetery.
Group administrator Paul Lakatos said: “When the story broke about the vandalised gravestones there was a massive response from the group, as a lot of the members have family up at Westfield Cemetery.
“So it was great news when the stonemason stepped up and repaired the gravestones for free. Acts of kindness like that don’t happen too often in the world.
“With that in mind, I posted up in the group about maybe collecting a few quid for him to say thank you from us. At the very least it would give him a decent Christmas present.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/paul-lakatos
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe