Harpenden group raising money for selfless stonemason
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden Facebook group has so far raised £400 for a stonemason who repaired a number of damaged graves for free.
Old Harpenden, Years Gone By wanted to thank Memorial Makeovers’ Anthony Knox after he fixed 10 vandalised memorials at Westfield Road cemetery.
Group administrator Paul Lakatos said: “When the story broke about the vandalised gravestones there was a massive response from the group, as a lot of the members have family up at Westfield Cemetery.
“So it was great news when the stonemason stepped up and repaired the gravestones for free. Acts of kindness like that don’t happen too often in the world.
“With that in mind, I posted up in the group about maybe collecting a few quid for him to say thank you from us. At the very least it would give him a decent Christmas present.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/paul-lakatos
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?