Harpenden Golf Club's charity year for Willow Foundation
GOLF club captain Mike Frost had one particular charity in his sights during his year in office. He opted to raise money for The Willow Foundation, the charity set up by goalkeeping legend Bob Wilson and his wife Megs following the death of their daughter
GOLF club captain Mike Frost had one particular charity in his sights during his year in office.
He opted to raise money for The Willow Foundation, the charity set up by goalkeeping legend Bob Wilson and his wife Megs following the death of their daughter Anna in her thirties.
It arranges for young adults aged between 16 and 40 with terminal or potentially terminal illnesses to meet their heroes and provide days out.
During his captaincy of Harpenden Golf Club, Mike raised �6,100 for The Willow Foundation by holding a Christmas raffle, a charity golf day incorporating another raffle and donations from local businesses and individuals.
You may also want to watch:
The cheque was presented to Bob and Megs by Mike together with immediate past captain of the club and the current captain, John Grover, vice captain Mike Craddock and other committee members.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust