Harpenden Golf Club's charity year for Willow Foundation
GOLF club captain Mike Frost had one particular charity in his sights during his year in office. He opted to raise money for The Willow Foundation, the charity set up by goalkeeping legend Bob Wilson and his wife Megs following the death of their daughter
GOLF club captain Mike Frost had one particular charity in his sights during his year in office.
He opted to raise money for The Willow Foundation, the charity set up by goalkeeping legend Bob Wilson and his wife Megs following the death of their daughter Anna in her thirties.
It arranges for young adults aged between 16 and 40 with terminal or potentially terminal illnesses to meet their heroes and provide days out.
During his captaincy of Harpenden Golf Club, Mike raised �6,100 for The Willow Foundation by holding a Christmas raffle, a charity golf day incorporating another raffle and donations from local businesses and individuals.
You may also want to watch:
The cheque was presented to Bob and Megs by Mike together with immediate past captain of the club and the current captain, John Grover, vice captain Mike Craddock and other committee members.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters