Harpenden girl aiming for Great North Run
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER Harpenden schoolgirl is nursing hopes of raising plenty of money for a small charity when she takes part in the Great North Run in September. Georgia Wilding, who previously lived in the town and went to Sir John Lawes School, is currently a student nurse at Northumbria University.
She is taking part in the Great North Run this year for Live Life Then Give Life, an organ donation charity.
It is the second time that Georgia has run the 13.1-mile course – last September she took part to fundraise for cystic fibrosis.
She wants to raise as much awareness and money as possible for Live Life Then Give Life after her cousin underwent two liver transplants by the age of 23.
She said on her JustGiving page: “My family is so fortunate to still have my cousin with us today thanks to the generosity of two donors and their families.” Her enthusiasm for the charity, for which she will be the only runner in the Great North Run, also comes from completing work experience at the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle, one of the leading transplant facilities in the country.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I enjoyed my time there and it made me see how important organ donation is and how much transplantation can mean to somone.”
To contribute to Georgia’s fundraising endeavour go to www.justgiving.com/georgia-wilding1. To register as an organ donor apply to www.organdonation.nhs.uk
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure