Harpenden gearing up for Christmas Carnival
GAZ and Babs from Heart FM breakfast show will be joining in celebrations to mark the switching on of the Christmas Lights in Harpenden later this month. The duo will join in a procession through the town at 3pm in a white horse-drawn carriage and will be
GAZ and Babs from Heart FM breakfast show will be joining in celebrations to mark the switching on of the Christmas Lights in Harpenden later this month.
The duo will join in a procession through the town at 3pm in a white horse-drawn carriage and will be on stage presenting the entertainment from 3.30pm on Sunday, November 22.
The carnival runs from midday to 6pm to coincide with the town's Farmers Market and there will be free parking at the station car park from noon.
Santa's Grotto will be open in a new location in Thompson's Close from 1.30pm to 5.30pm and there will be charity stalls by Church Green and the Young Enterprise trade fair near the Slug and Lettuce as well as funfair stalls and rides scattered around the town.
You may also want to watch:
The lights will be switched on at 5pm - half an hour later than in previous years.
* A Christmas shopping evening to raise funds for an outdoor gym is being held at a Harpenden secondary school .
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
The event at Sir John Lawes School in Manland Way will run from 7.30pm to 10pm next Wednesday, November 11.
There will be a range of stalls selling jewellery, handmade chocolates, cosmetics and Christmas gifts as well as a lifestyle photographer and raffle prizes to be won including a photo shoot and framed print worth �200. Admission is �3 which includes a glass of wine and money raised will go to the Sir John Lawes School Association which is raising money to buy an outdoor gym.