Harpenden flower arranging displays raise hundreds of pounds for Air Ambulance
Celebrations for National Flower Arranging day in Harpenden raised £320.43 for Herts Air Ambulance.
Harpenden Evening Floral Group took turns making flower bouquets to be sold in a raffle.
Raffle tickets for the event, which has run in aid of different charities for the last five years, were sold outside Sainbury’s in Harpenden High Street.
Maureen Randell, chairman of the Harpenden Evening Floral Group, said: “We love attending Sainsbury’s every year to raise money for charity and this year was no exception.
“We found customers were only too willing to support the Herts Air Ambulance and the amazing work that they do.
You may also want to watch:
“The day was a great success and we were exceptionally pleased with the amount raised by the raffle.”
The Harpenden Evening Floral Group have their 50th anniversary this year.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
They meet at All Saints Church Hall on Station Road in Harpenden, on the fourth Thursday of every month, at 7.30pm.