Harpenden flower arranging displays raise hundreds of pounds for Air Ambulance
Celebrations for National Flower Arranging day in Harpenden raised £320.43 for Herts Air Ambulance.
Harpenden Evening Floral Group took turns making flower bouquets to be sold in a raffle.
Raffle tickets for the event, which has run in aid of different charities for the last five years, were sold outside Sainbury’s in Harpenden High Street.
Maureen Randell, chairman of the Harpenden Evening Floral Group, said: “We love attending Sainsbury’s every year to raise money for charity and this year was no exception.
“We found customers were only too willing to support the Herts Air Ambulance and the amazing work that they do.
You may also want to watch:
“The day was a great success and we were exceptionally pleased with the amount raised by the raffle.”
The Harpenden Evening Floral Group have their 50th anniversary this year.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
They meet at All Saints Church Hall on Station Road in Harpenden, on the fourth Thursday of every month, at 7.30pm.