Harpenden farmer elected new union president
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden man is now the new vice president of the National Farmers’ Union (NFU).
Stuart Roberts, the third generation of arable and livestock farmers at Hammonds End Farm, has served as the Hertfordshire NFU County Chairman since 2015.
He will join president Minette Batters and deputy president Guy Smith after being elected into office at the NFU Birmingham conference on Wednesday.
Stuart said: “I’m extremely proud to join the new officeholder team and I am grateful to members for giving me this opportunity.
“We’re facing one of the most important periods of change in farming and horticulture’s history. These are both exciting and challenging times and I am looking forward to offering Minette and Guy my full support for the years ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
He has worked at Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and the Food Standards Agency.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing