Harpenden farmer elected new union president
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden man is now the new vice president of the National Farmers’ Union (NFU).
Stuart Roberts, the third generation of arable and livestock farmers at Hammonds End Farm, has served as the Hertfordshire NFU County Chairman since 2015.
He will join president Minette Batters and deputy president Guy Smith after being elected into office at the NFU Birmingham conference on Wednesday.
Stuart said: “I’m extremely proud to join the new officeholder team and I am grateful to members for giving me this opportunity.
“We’re facing one of the most important periods of change in farming and horticulture’s history. These are both exciting and challenging times and I am looking forward to offering Minette and Guy my full support for the years ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
He has worked at Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and the Food Standards Agency.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers