Harpenden farmer elected new union president
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden man is now the new vice president of the National Farmers’ Union (NFU).
Stuart Roberts, the third generation of arable and livestock farmers at Hammonds End Farm, has served as the Hertfordshire NFU County Chairman since 2015.
He will join president Minette Batters and deputy president Guy Smith after being elected into office at the NFU Birmingham conference on Wednesday.
Stuart said: “I’m extremely proud to join the new officeholder team and I am grateful to members for giving me this opportunity.
“We’re facing one of the most important periods of change in farming and horticulture’s history. These are both exciting and challenging times and I am looking forward to offering Minette and Guy my full support for the years ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
He has worked at Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and the Food Standards Agency.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 3 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 A New York state of mind
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery