Family fun at working farm open day in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Families can learn all about life on a local working farm at an open day on Sunday.
There will be a sheep-shearing demonstration, tractor and trailer rides, walks, farmer discussions, and an opportunity to see cows, chickens and piglets at Hammonds End Farm in Harpenden.
Cakes baked by pupils from St Nicholas CofE Voluntary Aided Primary School will be on sale.
The open day is being run as part of a long-running national event, LEAF Open Farm Sunday.
Hammonds End farmer Emma Roberts said: “We wanted to open our farm so people can come and see what real farming is all about. We really want to help children understand where their food comes from and the work involved in producing it.
You may also want to watch:
“We have three young sons who love farm life and we want to be able to share our beautiful farm and countryside with the community.”
The farm is open on June 10 from 12pm to 3pm, entry free.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved