Pudding power! Family get stuck in to make 150 festive puds for Harpenden community
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden family has been busy following a secret festive recipe containing more than 140 eggs.
St Nicholas Primary School’s parents association mixed the ingredients for 150 Christmas puddings for the community.
Pandemic restrictions meant for the first time in 40 years the puds might not be made.
Then the Martin family took on the task of mixing the recipe with nearly 50kg of dried fruit, 7kg of suet and 140 eggs.
The Old Cock pub offered to steam the puddings, and donations of apples and breadcrumbs came from YWAM and Simmons, with Waitrose stepping in to help at the last minute.
You may also want to watch:
Jemima Martin, 11, said: “It was great to have the whole family involved. We made six batches all together.”
St Nicholas headteacher Rizelle Crouch said she was very grateful to the family, other parents and the local community for helping keep the tradition alive.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire