New life-saving equipment comes to Harpenden amid coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden will soon have a new defibrillator for public use after the town was identified by a local company as not having enough.
It will be installed outside Kinsbourne Court offices on Luton Road.
A spokesperson for the owners of the office block, Ashworth Homes Limited said: “We looked at the HeartSafe national register of defibrillators and spotted that Harpenden appeared to have very few.
“There are a number of logistical issues posed by the current pandemic but we are doing what is practically possible to overcome them to install a new defibrillator in a prominent position at the front of the site for the tenants and the wider community.”
They said they hope to have the equipment installed in the next week or two.
You may also want to watch:
It will be included on the HeartSafe register and recorded with the ambulance service so that members of the public in need of a defibrillator can get controlled access 24/7.
To find your nearest defibrillator visit www.heartsafe.org.uk
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire