Harpenden collision results in two drivers taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Two drivers were taken to hospital as a precaution after their cars collided in Harpenden late last night (Tuesday).
The vehicles, a silver Vauxhall Astra and a black Vauxhall Vectra, collided near the Silver Cup pub, St Albans Road, at about 10.30pm.
The collision resulted in the road being closed while the injured drivers were attended by ambulance officers, and their vehicles recovered.
It reopened again nearly two hours later, at 12.15am.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust, said that both patients - a man and a woman - received non-life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “They were treated and immobilised by paramedics before being taken to Watford and Luton and Dunstable Hospitals for further treatment.”
Two ambulance crews, a response car and duty officer attended the scene, along with police officers.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 3 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 10 A New York state of mind