Harpenden collision results in two drivers taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Two drivers were taken to hospital as a precaution after their cars collided in Harpenden late last night (Tuesday).
The vehicles, a silver Vauxhall Astra and a black Vauxhall Vectra, collided near the Silver Cup pub, St Albans Road, at about 10.30pm.
The collision resulted in the road being closed while the injured drivers were attended by ambulance officers, and their vehicles recovered.
It reopened again nearly two hours later, at 12.15am.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust, said that both patients - a man and a woman - received non-life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “They were treated and immobilised by paramedics before being taken to Watford and Luton and Dunstable Hospitals for further treatment.”
Two ambulance crews, a response car and duty officer attended the scene, along with police officers.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers