Harpenden collision results in two drivers taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Two drivers were taken to hospital as a precaution after their cars collided in Harpenden late last night (Tuesday).
The vehicles, a silver Vauxhall Astra and a black Vauxhall Vectra, collided near the Silver Cup pub, St Albans Road, at about 10.30pm.
The collision resulted in the road being closed while the injured drivers were attended by ambulance officers, and their vehicles recovered.
It reopened again nearly two hours later, at 12.15am.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust, said that both patients - a man and a woman - received non-life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “They were treated and immobilised by paramedics before being taken to Watford and Luton and Dunstable Hospitals for further treatment.”
Two ambulance crews, a response car and duty officer attended the scene, along with police officers.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire