Harpenden citizens invited to view new swimming pool designs
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers and culture lovers have been invited to look into the future of Harpenden’s leisure and culture facilities.
New designs for the swimming pool and culture centre will go on display following changes made by a public consultation.
St Albans council’s culture lead Annie Brewster said: “I want to thank the community for contributing these great ideas.
“The proposed modern leisure and cultural facilities will offer fantastic amenities to enjoy for years to come.”
The council is planning to change the pool premises into a leisure centre, and change the sports centre into a culture centre.
You may also want to watch:
A larger learner pool, a new balcony in the culture centre, and a bigger bar are among the changes from the consultation.
The plans will be displayed at Park Hall on Tuesday, August 15, from 4pm to 8pm.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
The consultation was held ahead of a planning application in September.