Harpenden citizens invited to view new swimming pool designs
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers and culture lovers have been invited to look into the future of Harpenden’s leisure and culture facilities.
New designs for the swimming pool and culture centre will go on display following changes made by a public consultation.
St Albans council’s culture lead Annie Brewster said: “I want to thank the community for contributing these great ideas.
“The proposed modern leisure and cultural facilities will offer fantastic amenities to enjoy for years to come.”
The council is planning to change the pool premises into a leisure centre, and change the sports centre into a culture centre.
You may also want to watch:
A larger learner pool, a new balcony in the culture centre, and a bigger bar are among the changes from the consultation.
The plans will be displayed at Park Hall on Tuesday, August 15, from 4pm to 8pm.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Schools across Herts miss out on £1.9 million of free school meal funding
The consultation was held ahead of a planning application in September.