Harpenden citizens invited to view new swimming pool designs
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers and culture lovers have been invited to look into the future of Harpenden’s leisure and culture facilities.
New designs for the swimming pool and culture centre will go on display following changes made by a public consultation.
St Albans council’s culture lead Annie Brewster said: “I want to thank the community for contributing these great ideas.
“The proposed modern leisure and cultural facilities will offer fantastic amenities to enjoy for years to come.”
The council is planning to change the pool premises into a leisure centre, and change the sports centre into a culture centre.
A larger learner pool, a new balcony in the culture centre, and a bigger bar are among the changes from the consultation.
The plans will be displayed at Park Hall on Tuesday, August 15, from 4pm to 8pm.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
The consultation was held ahead of a planning application in September.