Harpenden citizens invited to view new swimming pool designs
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers and culture lovers have been invited to look into the future of Harpenden’s leisure and culture facilities.
New designs for the swimming pool and culture centre will go on display following changes made by a public consultation.
St Albans council’s culture lead Annie Brewster said: “I want to thank the community for contributing these great ideas.
“The proposed modern leisure and cultural facilities will offer fantastic amenities to enjoy for years to come.”
The council is planning to change the pool premises into a leisure centre, and change the sports centre into a culture centre.
You may also want to watch:
A larger learner pool, a new balcony in the culture centre, and a bigger bar are among the changes from the consultation.
The plans will be displayed at Park Hall on Tuesday, August 15, from 4pm to 8pm.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The consultation was held ahead of a planning application in September.