Harpenden church calls for support for new community facility
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden church is calling on your help to fund a new community facility.
Fundraising begins at St John’s Church in Southdown for the new parish centre.
The Bishop of St Albans and the mayor of Harpenden joined the clergy of the church for the launch of a five-year fundraising campaign for the building.
Plans and images for the centre were unveiled. Bishop Alan endorsed the vision as “exciting and relevant” describing the project as an opportunity to “reach out in generosity and expand support services to the local community”.
Project team leader Matt Barter said: “The current church hall is holding us back.
“Our new parish centre will be flexible, sustainable and accessible, offering affordable facilities for everyone to use.”
For details of the project and the planned facilities visit www.stjohnsharpenden.org.uk
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star