Harpenden Carnival promises to be a massive success
DON T stop the carnival! That s the message coming from the organisers of this year s Harpenden Carnival due to take place on Sunday. Come rain or shine, credit crunch or not, the show will go on and funds must be raised for the chosen charities selected
DON'T stop the carnival! That's the message coming from the organisers of this year's Harpenden Carnival due to take place on Sunday.
Come rain or shine, credit crunch or not, the show will go on and funds must be raised for the chosen charities selected by the members of Harpenden Round Table.
Member Mark Sanders said: "We are determined that nothing must get in the way of making this carnival a huge success and appeal to all Harpenden residents to support it."
The fun begins with a procession organised around the theme of Planet Earth through the High Street at 12pm and then on to Rothamsted Park.
First of the attractions in the main arena is the Essex Dogs Display Team followed by the MAD mountain bike display team.
Then there's a chance for the audience to join in with the Recycle Racers and the World Ten Pin Pin Bowling Challenge before the Mad bikers will be back for some more death-defying feats of derring-do.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 5 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
- 8 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 9 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 10 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
The proceeds will be split this year between the NSPCC, Harpenden Mencap, Shelter Box, Grove House Hospice and CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young).
Entry is by programme at �2.50 in advance or �4 on the gate.
For more carnival information and a list of shops and businesses selling programmes see the web site www.harpendenroundtable.org