Harpenden Carnival promises to be a massive success
DON T stop the carnival! That s the message coming from the organisers of this year s Harpenden Carnival due to take place on Sunday. Come rain or shine, credit crunch or not, the show will go on and funds must be raised for the chosen charities selected
DON'T stop the carnival! That's the message coming from the organisers of this year's Harpenden Carnival due to take place on Sunday.
Come rain or shine, credit crunch or not, the show will go on and funds must be raised for the chosen charities selected by the members of Harpenden Round Table.
Member Mark Sanders said: "We are determined that nothing must get in the way of making this carnival a huge success and appeal to all Harpenden residents to support it."
The fun begins with a procession organised around the theme of Planet Earth through the High Street at 12pm and then on to Rothamsted Park.
You may also want to watch:
First of the attractions in the main arena is the Essex Dogs Display Team followed by the MAD mountain bike display team.
Then there's a chance for the audience to join in with the Recycle Racers and the World Ten Pin Pin Bowling Challenge before the Mad bikers will be back for some more death-defying feats of derring-do.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Green light given to new hospital project
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
The proceeds will be split this year between the NSPCC, Harpenden Mencap, Shelter Box, Grove House Hospice and CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young).
Entry is by programme at �2.50 in advance or �4 on the gate.
For more carnival information and a list of shops and businesses selling programmes see the web site www.harpendenroundtable.org