Harpenden care home raises £100 at summer fete
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents enjoyed the streak of British sun at an annual fete to raise money for charity.
People living at Field House Care Home in Harpenden raised £100 for disabled transport charity the Barbara Bus Fund and children’s charity the Starlight Children’s Foundation.
The fete, which was held around the home, featured a dog show judged by residents where every pooch won a rosette.
A pony named April also made an appearance and there was a chair based exercise session for residents.
Bupa Home manager, April Parrott-Carter, said it was a fabulous afternoon: “It’s great to bring residents and the local community together and having the sunny weather on our side made all the difference.”
You may also want to watch:
People living at Field House on Townsend Road have access to specialist Parkinson’s, Huntingdon’s, and palliative care support staff.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county