Public meeting on car parking in Harpenden
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Harpenden drivers have been invited to a public meeting on parking in the town.
The Harpenden Society and HarPark have organised the meeting for 7.30pm at the High Street Methodist Church for Thursday, January 17.
HarPark chair John Talbot said: “We have seen significant development over recent years and yet little in the way of infrastructure improvements.
“Many residents have no alternative but to rely on their cars to get about and town centre shops are losing business as people are forced to travel elsewhere.”
Survey forms have been distributed across Harpenden to record the views of business and customers on the matter.
An awareness campaign has also been launched to put pressure on district councillors.
Places are limited so people have been asked to book in advance via the link on www.harpendensociety.org
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival