Public meeting on car parking in Harpenden
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Harpenden drivers have been invited to a public meeting on parking in the town.
The Harpenden Society and HarPark have organised the meeting for 7.30pm at the High Street Methodist Church for Thursday, January 17.
HarPark chair John Talbot said: “We have seen significant development over recent years and yet little in the way of infrastructure improvements.
“Many residents have no alternative but to rely on their cars to get about and town centre shops are losing business as people are forced to travel elsewhere.”
Survey forms have been distributed across Harpenden to record the views of business and customers on the matter.
You may also want to watch:
An awareness campaign has also been launched to put pressure on district councillors.
Places are limited so people have been asked to book in advance via the link on www.harpendensociety.org
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district