Public meeting on car parking in Harpenden
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Harpenden drivers have been invited to a public meeting on parking in the town.
The Harpenden Society and HarPark have organised the meeting for 7.30pm at the High Street Methodist Church for Thursday, January 17.
HarPark chair John Talbot said: “We have seen significant development over recent years and yet little in the way of infrastructure improvements.
“Many residents have no alternative but to rely on their cars to get about and town centre shops are losing business as people are forced to travel elsewhere.”
Survey forms have been distributed across Harpenden to record the views of business and customers on the matter.
You may also want to watch:
An awareness campaign has also been launched to put pressure on district councillors.
Places are limited so people have been asked to book in advance via the link on www.harpendensociety.org
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district