Harpenden businessman reaches Franchisee of the Year finals
WHEN Mark Fordham was made redundant six years ago he seized the opportunity to set up his own franchise business. The father of two from Cravells Road, Harpenden, bought a stake in TaxAssist Accountants with his redundancy money and spent the first six m
WHEN Mark Fordham was made redundant six years ago he seized the opportunity to set up his own franchise business.
The father of two from Cravells Road, Harpenden, bought a stake in TaxAssist Accountants with his redundancy money and spent the first six months networking and making himself known in the district.
It paid off for him as he has been named a finalist in the annual British Franchise Association's HSBC Franchisee of the Year Awards sponsored by HSBC Bank and Express Newspapers.
Mark, 46, said: "I now employ nine people and have a shop front in Southdown which makes it easy for people to just drop in.
You may also want to watch:
"I think the reason I've been successful is because I am proactive and give people what they want. I am flexible timewise so will meet people early or late depending on their needs."
In a time of economic downturn Mark's turnover is up 35 per cent on last year and his client base is up 30 per cent on last year.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 6 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 7 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
Mark is one of ten franchisees who impressed the judging panel chaired by Sir Bernard Ingham with his presentation and interview.
The winner will be announced at a black-tie dinner at the International Convention Centre (ICC) in Birmingham on October 1. Cheques for �3,000 and �2,000 will also be presented to the silver and bronze winners respectively.