Harpenden businessman presents prizes to Wimbledon tennis winners
- Credit: Archant
Millions of people watching the Wimbledon finals on TV saw a Harpenden businessman congratulating the winners.
The president of the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), Martin Corrie, was part of the presentation party awarding men’s winner Roger Federer and women’s champion Garbine Muguruza with their trophies.
He is also a senior partner at Hicks and Co, which is based in Harpenden.
Martin was elected president of the LTA in January: “It was a privilege and it was exciting to be representing British tennis like that.”
The Duke of Kent and the chairman of the All England Lawn Tennis Club were also part of the presentation party.
You may also want to watch:
After meeting the famous sportspeople, Martin said: “They are all nice people and very experienced and good company.”
Martin joined the LTA Council in 2003, representing Herts.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder