Harpenden businessman presents prizes to Wimbledon tennis winners
- Credit: Archant
Millions of people watching the Wimbledon finals on TV saw a Harpenden businessman congratulating the winners.
The president of the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), Martin Corrie, was part of the presentation party awarding men’s winner Roger Federer and women’s champion Garbine Muguruza with their trophies.
He is also a senior partner at Hicks and Co, which is based in Harpenden.
Martin was elected president of the LTA in January: “It was a privilege and it was exciting to be representing British tennis like that.”
The Duke of Kent and the chairman of the All England Lawn Tennis Club were also part of the presentation party.
You may also want to watch:
After meeting the famous sportspeople, Martin said: “They are all nice people and very experienced and good company.”
Martin joined the LTA Council in 2003, representing Herts.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery