Harpenden businessman presents prizes to Wimbledon tennis winners
- Credit: Archant
Millions of people watching the Wimbledon finals on TV saw a Harpenden businessman congratulating the winners.
The president of the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), Martin Corrie, was part of the presentation party awarding men’s winner Roger Federer and women’s champion Garbine Muguruza with their trophies.
He is also a senior partner at Hicks and Co, which is based in Harpenden.
Martin was elected president of the LTA in January: “It was a privilege and it was exciting to be representing British tennis like that.”
The Duke of Kent and the chairman of the All England Lawn Tennis Club were also part of the presentation party.
You may also want to watch:
After meeting the famous sportspeople, Martin said: “They are all nice people and very experienced and good company.”
Martin joined the LTA Council in 2003, representing Herts.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire