Harpenden businesses told to get real
BUSINESSES in Harpenden have been told to get real if they want to win more business in a recession by internationally acclaimed author and thought-leadership strategist Mindy Gibbins-Klein. Speaking for the The Business Club at The Harpenden House Hote
BUSINESSES in Harpenden have been told to 'get real' if they want to win more business in a recession by internationally acclaimed author and thought-leadership strategist Mindy Gibbins-Klein.
Speaking for the The Business Club at The Harpenden House Hotel, Ms. Gibbins-Klein, author of 24 Carat BOLD: the REAL standard for Thought Leaders told the region's business owners that they must learn to shine and raise their profile if they want to succeed in the current climate.
Ms. Gibbins-Klein presented businesses with the four attributes of REAL thought leaders who always manage to win business, even in tough economic climates and she urged local business owners to become more bold and opinionated if they wanted gain trust and respect.
"The recession has provided smaller businesses with the opportunity to really excel and stand out from the crowd if they are bold enough to stand forward. It is no longer just a market for the larger players and everyone is now on an equal grounding. As such, there has never been a better time for business owners to take the spotlight and show their customers that they are not just an expert, but THE EXPERT," says Ms. Gibbins-Klein.
You may also want to watch:
Amongst her top tips for building credibility fast, Ms. Gibbins-Klein urged local businesses to become more vocal through writing and publishing their own material and taking advantage of the instant opportunities to raise profile presented online.
"Blogging is one of the simplest ways to start demonstrating your expertise and costs nothing to set up. Sharing your thoughts, expertise and opinions allows your customers to get to know you as a person as ultimately, people still buy from people.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
"Just look at President Obama, he is a classic example how being open, honest and vulnerable enables people to engage with you and become your advocates. This is the ethos that I want to instill in local businesses as for many this kind of openness is unchartered waters and is seriously preventing them from making headway," says Ms. Gibbins-Klein.