Harpenden Building Society wins national award for fifth year
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Building Society has won a prestigious national industry award.
The Vaughan Road business bagged Best Local Building Society at the What Mortgage Awards on August 16, 2019.
This is the fifth time in a row that the society, which has a head office in Harpenden and six branches across the UK, has received this award.
Head of lending at the building society, Ken Hale, said: "We're proud and honoured to be named as the UK's Best Local Building Society once again.
"Supporting our community is one of our top priorities so winning this category for an unprecedented five years means a great deal to us."
You may also want to watch:
Its lending, which includes residential, guarantor, self-employed and contractor mortgages, increased by 7.3 per cent over the last year.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder