Harpenden Building Society wins national award for fifth year
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Building Society has won a prestigious national industry award.
The Vaughan Road business bagged Best Local Building Society at the What Mortgage Awards on August 16, 2019.
This is the fifth time in a row that the society, which has a head office in Harpenden and six branches across the UK, has received this award.
Head of lending at the building society, Ken Hale, said: "We're proud and honoured to be named as the UK's Best Local Building Society once again.
"Supporting our community is one of our top priorities so winning this category for an unprecedented five years means a great deal to us."
You may also want to watch:
Its lending, which includes residential, guarantor, self-employed and contractor mortgages, increased by 7.3 per cent over the last year.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations