Harpenden Building Society wins national award for fifth year
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Building Society has won a prestigious national industry award.
The Vaughan Road business bagged Best Local Building Society at the What Mortgage Awards on August 16, 2019.
This is the fifth time in a row that the society, which has a head office in Harpenden and six branches across the UK, has received this award.
Head of lending at the building society, Ken Hale, said: "We're proud and honoured to be named as the UK's Best Local Building Society once again.
"Supporting our community is one of our top priorities so winning this category for an unprecedented five years means a great deal to us."
You may also want to watch:
Its lending, which includes residential, guarantor, self-employed and contractor mortgages, increased by 7.3 per cent over the last year.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty