Harpenden Britain’s Got Talent singer Alice Fredenham signs with Sony
- Credit: Photo supplied
Move over Miley Cyrus!
After a roller coaster ride which took her through the lows of The Voice and the highs of Britain’s Got Talent, Harpenden’s Alice Fredenham has ended the year signing with music giant Sony.
It’s a major coup for the 29 year old who over a year ago was working as a beauty therapist at Breathing Space in Harpenden.
After signing with Sony on Monday (2), Alice admitted, “it has been a journey”.
She was rejected on BBC’s The Voice earlier this year, where her good looks wowed Danny O’Donoghue, but her singing failed to impress him or other judges on the show.
You may also want to watch:
However her major break came on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent (BGT), after judges Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, David Walliams and Alesha Dixon praised her voice as “liquid platinum”.
Despite winning the backing of Simon and a legion of fans - particularly in the United States - Alice failed to obtain enough votes to go through to BGT’s final of the hit programme.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
But Alice refused to give up on her dream.
After a recent change to her management, Sony approached her to record an album.
Alice said: “It’s really exciting news! I’m really happy to be signed up before Christmas.”
The first few months of next year will be a busy time for the songstress who will work on demos with various producers.
She said: “Sony will decide which angle the album will take, what type of sound will go forward, and which producers work best. I will then start working on the album.”
When news broke on Twitter about the signing, Alice’s fans immediately tweeted their congratulations, telling her it was “well deserved”.
Vernon Benjafield said: “You are going to be a superstar and I can’t wait for your first album.”
And messages posted on her Facebook page showed a similar positive view, with Jakob Reinfeldt saying: “Can’t wait Alice! Liquid gold will flow again!”
Alice, in turn, has praised Simon and the judging panel on BGT for giving her singing career a major boost.
She said: “I can’t thank them enough for the opportunity they have given me, and their words of praise.
“If someone had told me a year ago that I would be signing a record deal with Sony, I wouldn’t have believed it. This has been the most eventful year of my life.”