Harpenden barbershop chorus Kings of Herts performs charity concert
- Credit: Archant
The Harpenden barbershop chorus Kings of Herts has held a concert which raised £897 for Keech Hospice.
The all-male group performed in Dunstable on Friday to an audience of 120.
Peter Jouning, co-ordinator for the chorus, said: “Thirty of our guys, a very generous audience, a great atmosphere, a wonderful result.”
Last November, the group held a concert in support of Rennie Grove Hospice Care which raised £2,400.
A Keech spokesperson said: “The hospice relies on the community for 70 per cent of its funding.
“The £897 is fantastic and will pay for a nurse to visit six children with life-limiting conditions.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area