Harpenden barbershop chorus Kings of Herts performs charity concert
- Credit: Archant
The Harpenden barbershop chorus Kings of Herts has held a concert which raised £897 for Keech Hospice.
The all-male group performed in Dunstable on Friday to an audience of 120.
Peter Jouning, co-ordinator for the chorus, said: “Thirty of our guys, a very generous audience, a great atmosphere, a wonderful result.”
Last November, the group held a concert in support of Rennie Grove Hospice Care which raised £2,400.
A Keech spokesperson said: “The hospice relies on the community for 70 per cent of its funding.
You may also want to watch:
“The £897 is fantastic and will pay for a nurse to visit six children with life-limiting conditions.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge