Harpenden barbershop chorus Kings of Herts performs charity concert
- Credit: Archant
The Harpenden barbershop chorus Kings of Herts has held a concert which raised £897 for Keech Hospice.
The all-male group performed in Dunstable on Friday to an audience of 120.
Peter Jouning, co-ordinator for the chorus, said: “Thirty of our guys, a very generous audience, a great atmosphere, a wonderful result.”
Last November, the group held a concert in support of Rennie Grove Hospice Care which raised £2,400.
A Keech spokesperson said: “The hospice relies on the community for 70 per cent of its funding.
You may also want to watch:
“The £897 is fantastic and will pay for a nurse to visit six children with life-limiting conditions.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre