Harpenden author’s on a killing spree again with release of third crime novel
- Credit: Archant
Author Carol Hedges is really getting into her stride with the release of her third novel in a series featuring two Victorian detectives.
Environmental campaigner Carol, of Coldharbour Lane, Harpenden, has just seen the publication of Death & Dominion, the third outing for Scotland Yard’s finest, Stride and Cully, who find themselves facing a double poisoning among London’s affluent middle class.
The new novel also follows the adventures of the beautiful Belinda Kite who has come to London to find excitement and adventure - as well as bag herself a wealthy husband if all goes according to plan.
Death & Dominion follows the first two in the series of Victorian gaslight dramas, Diamonds & Dust, which has had over 70 reviews on Amazon, and Honour & Obey. Carol is currently working on her fourth novel in the series, Murder & Mayhem.
Prior to the publication of the series, she was no stranger to writing. She began her career penning stories for teenagers, one of which, Jigsaw, was shortlisted for the Angus Book Award.
Away from writing, Carol has spearheaded the Westfield Action Group, set up to fight the proposed development of allotment land alongside homes in Harpenden, and was instrumental in the setting up of the Harpenden Independent Partnership, which now has two members on the town council.
Tomorrow (Wednesday October 21), Harpenden Library will be hosting a Victorian Crime Evening to celebrate the launch of Death & Dominion where Carol will be explaining how she writes the books and showing some of her original source material.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
It gets underway at 7pm and tickets at £5 include a glass of wine. They are available from the library which will have signed copies of Carol’s three Victorian novels for sale on the night.
Death & Dominion is published by Crooked Cat Books and available both as a book and an ebook.