Harpenden author launches festive feline book
- Credit: Archant
Cat-lovers are in for a treat as a local author is launching a festive feline book.
Melissa Daley, 41, who lives in Harpenden, will be hosting the launch of her latest book, Christmas at the Cat Café - a story which is written from the point of view of a cat and geared at young adults.
Melissa published her first publication, Molly and the Cat Café, after her cat, Nancy, “published” her own memoir.
She said: “In 2010 she published her own memoir and that’s how it came about.
“The memoir was published from the point of view of a cat, written as if by her and because of that I ended up writing the other books.”
Melissa said that Christmas at the Cat Café was based on her personal experiences as a cat owner.
She continued: “It’s a follow-up to the first book which was all about the tabby cat Molly that ends up homeless and finds her way to a run-down cafe in the Cotswolds and is then taken in by the owner.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 8 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
“In the second book, Molly has a feline rival who arrives at the café.”
Melissa added: “Although it is a follow-up, it works as a stand alone book so you don’t need to have read the first one.”