Harpenden author launches festive feline book
- Credit: Archant
Cat-lovers are in for a treat as a local author is launching a festive feline book.
Melissa Daley, 41, who lives in Harpenden, will be hosting the launch of her latest book, Christmas at the Cat Café - a story which is written from the point of view of a cat and geared at young adults.
Melissa published her first publication, Molly and the Cat Café, after her cat, Nancy, “published” her own memoir.
She said: “In 2010 she published her own memoir and that’s how it came about.
“The memoir was published from the point of view of a cat, written as if by her and because of that I ended up writing the other books.”
You may also want to watch:
Melissa said that Christmas at the Cat Café was based on her personal experiences as a cat owner.
She continued: “It’s a follow-up to the first book which was all about the tabby cat Molly that ends up homeless and finds her way to a run-down cafe in the Cotswolds and is then taken in by the owner.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
“In the second book, Molly has a feline rival who arrives at the café.”
Melissa added: “Although it is a follow-up, it works as a stand alone book so you don’t need to have read the first one.”