Harpenden audiologist wins European accolade
THE sweet sound of success is ringing in the ears of Harpenden-based audiologist Robert Beiny. He has been voted European Audiologist of the Year by the European Union of Hearing Acousticians (EUHA) in Nuremburg, Germany. Mr Beiny founded and currently ru
THE sweet sound of success is ringing in the ears of Harpenden-based audiologist Robert Beiny.
He has been voted European Audiologist of the Year by the European Union of Hearing Acousticians (EUHA) in Nuremburg, Germany.
Mr Beiny founded and currently runs the Hearing Healthcare Practice in Harpenden and has been practicing audiology, the study of hearing loss and balance, for over 30 years.
He said: "This is the biggest award an audiologist can win during their career and it's particularly rewarding that it's voted for by patients and recognised by my peers,"
You may also want to watch:
The awards are set up by battery manufacturer Rayovac and hearing magazine Audio Infos and employa panel of expert judges to make decisions based on written submissions from patients.
One came from Herts resident Sue Reeves after Mr. Beiny helped her father Charles Peck when he suffered from a stroke. He visited Mr Peck in hospital and, after fixing his original hearing aid, was able to recommend a better device as a replacement.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Schools across Herts miss out on £1.9 million of free school meal funding
Mr Beiny described the award as, "a tremendous honour both for me and for the Hearing Healthcare Practice." He added: We are a team, and the award is as much for my colleagues as it is for me.".