Harpenden audiologist wins European accolade
THE sweet sound of success is ringing in the ears of Harpenden-based audiologist Robert Beiny. He has been voted European Audiologist of the Year by the European Union of Hearing Acousticians (EUHA) in Nuremburg, Germany. Mr Beiny founded and currently ru
THE sweet sound of success is ringing in the ears of Harpenden-based audiologist Robert Beiny.
He has been voted European Audiologist of the Year by the European Union of Hearing Acousticians (EUHA) in Nuremburg, Germany.
Mr Beiny founded and currently runs the Hearing Healthcare Practice in Harpenden and has been practicing audiology, the study of hearing loss and balance, for over 30 years.
He said: "This is the biggest award an audiologist can win during their career and it's particularly rewarding that it's voted for by patients and recognised by my peers,"
You may also want to watch:
The awards are set up by battery manufacturer Rayovac and hearing magazine Audio Infos and employa panel of expert judges to make decisions based on written submissions from patients.
One came from Herts resident Sue Reeves after Mr. Beiny helped her father Charles Peck when he suffered from a stroke. He visited Mr Peck in hospital and, after fixing his original hearing aid, was able to recommend a better device as a replacement.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
Mr Beiny described the award as, "a tremendous honour both for me and for the Hearing Healthcare Practice." He added: We are a team, and the award is as much for my colleagues as it is for me.".