CCTV operator leads police to attempted burglary arrest in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV operator has led police to arrest a man for attempted burglary in Harpenden in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The operator heard on their radio about an attempted break-in at Fitness Space on High Street.
They then saw a man and two women on Station Road and alerted the police, who arrived on the street to stop the trio.
The man, from Luton, was found with a crowbar and two screwdrivers and was arrested and charged with attempted burglary.
The two women faced no further action.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Jon Roche said: “This is another great example of the police and council working in cooperation to keep the district a safe place and residents should be reassured that we continue to strengthen our relationship by doing so.”
• Paul Dennet, 29, of no fixed address in the Luton area, has been charged with attempted burglary and remanded in custody. He received eight weeks imprisonment and ordered to pay £400 compensation for the attempted burglary, £100 compensation for criminal damage and £50 compensation for assaulting a member of court staff when he appeared on Wednesday, August 15 at West and Central Herts Magistrates Court.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant