CCTV operator leads police to attempted burglary arrest in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV operator has led police to arrest a man for attempted burglary in Harpenden in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The operator heard on their radio about an attempted break-in at Fitness Space on High Street.
They then saw a man and two women on Station Road and alerted the police, who arrived on the street to stop the trio.
The man, from Luton, was found with a crowbar and two screwdrivers and was arrested and charged with attempted burglary.
The two women faced no further action.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Jon Roche said: “This is another great example of the police and council working in cooperation to keep the district a safe place and residents should be reassured that we continue to strengthen our relationship by doing so.”
• Paul Dennet, 29, of no fixed address in the Luton area, has been charged with attempted burglary and remanded in custody. He received eight weeks imprisonment and ordered to pay £400 compensation for the attempted burglary, £100 compensation for criminal damage and £50 compensation for assaulting a member of court staff when he appeared on Wednesday, August 15 at West and Central Herts Magistrates Court.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind